Friday, December 07, 2007

Peace on Earth

No really, I mean it, peace on earth. The slogan is of course courtesy of Christmas ™, but I just watched an amazing display of peace and it gives me hope for the middle east.


To be honest, less than 5 minutes after I took this picture I heard Friday hissing and hostilities resumed per normal programming. It reminds me of the story of how the French and German troops celebrated Christmas together in the trenches during World War I. After that was done they went back to lobbying mustard gas and what not at each other like it never happened.

It's good to keep the definition of peace in mind at times like these: "A temporary cessation or suspension of hostilities". I guess that concludes my Christmas thoughts for the season. You can resume being jolly now.

2 comments:

Daffie Online said...

A bit late..but eh... it is never to late to celebrate peace on earth :-). How are they doing now?

Daffie Online said...

zeggg....gebeurt er helemaal niets meer bij jullie? :-)
doeidoei!!