Monday, November 17, 2008

Welcome Abby

There's tension in our house. Everyone's on edge. Well, at least, Denny and Friday are wound up tighter than a drum. In their eyes there is an intruder in the house. After one and a half years they finally settled on a truce and it seems like Denny's behavior is bringing Friday out a bit more. All good news but then I had to go and say that Denny needs a playmate. One casual look at the local PetSmart later (granted, I did fill out a form) we were being bombarded by volunteers offering up their kittens for adoption. Being critical we said no to several of them and I have to say that makes you feel very small indeed.
Anyway, yesterday we ran into Abby. She's a tiny little thing and we brought her home. For me it was a foregone conclusion that Friday would be freak out, but I would have expected a little bit more hospitality from Denny. Hissing at someone who weighs 1/6 of what you weigh...... tsk tsk, pick on someone your own size! As time goes by he's getting a bit closer though. He's very curious but also very hesitant. I think they'll be friends. Make that "I hope".......

3 comments:

Daffie Online said...

oooooooh... the cutest!

Anonymous said...

What a sweetie!

Can imagine it must have been hard turning down the kittens that came before her for adoption. All kittens I have seen so far where cute in one way or the other.

Because Brittish shorthair (from the Dutch Whiskas commercials) where known to be rather silent, have no trouble with staying indoor for longer periods of time (they get to play in the garden whenever possible of course) and the fact that they are good with kids made us go for two of them (some 5 years ago).

For all cat lover visitors of your blog (Hi Daffie ;-)) I've put up a small collection of our cats here.

Your family is quite a mixture of races isn't it? How are they all going along by now?

Greetz, Tom.

Pim said...

Friday as usual is all growls and hisses but Denny and Abby get along really well. They chase each other, wrestle each other and sleep together. I would put some picture of that on the blog but I don't want to turn this into a cats blog ;-)

I even have some webcam shots of both Denny and Abby on my lap at the same time. First Denny lays down his weary head and then Abby clambers up and lays down right on top of him. It's a little hard to work like that but it is a very cute sight :-)