Monday, November 27, 2006

First Thanksgiving

This was my first Thanksgiving here in the US and we had the appropriate dinner here at our place. I wish I could tell you some interesting stories about it but there really aren't. The dinnertable we ordered arrived the day before the dinner as scheduled. Familymembers came over and the turkey refused to get up to temperature. Seems like a pretty regular Thanksgiving to me, but hey, what do I know about it? My only experience with this festivity is what I see on television and in tv-land Thanksgiving mostly consists of familymembers getting together over great distances to pick up old fights. The most humorous note here was somebody asking why we didn't have Thanksgiving in the Netherlands. Luckily, another familymember came up with the snappy reply that we were celebrating getting rid of those pesky, colonizing Europeans in the first place :-)

Pim

4 comments:

Daffie Online said...

No gossip about old fights in Maria's family? Sounds like boring Thanksgiving to me...hihi

Maria said...

Everybody was on their best behavior because it was Pim's first Thanksgiving.....and the whole family wasn't there....Christmas now is a different story....stay tuned for that story.....coming soon to a computer near you.
Maria

Daffie Online said...

ooohhh.... can't wait to hear the family Christmas stories :)

Merry Christmas sweeties!!

Daffie Online said...

Still waiting for the family Christmas stories...:)