Friday, November 17, 2006

Pim & Maria do America - The Season Premier

Pim & Maria do America - The Season Premier

Okay, I guess we have to start somewhere. After opening lots and lots of boxes we finally recovered the info to login to this blog. Lots of stuff happened since we last saw you guys. I won't bore you with telling you about all the paperwork but suffice it to say that they will let me drive now, they'll believe that I am who I say I am and I can pay for stuff ;-)
Let me pick out something to make you guys laugh. We bought a car for me on Saturday and it's everything I vowed never to touch: it's white, it's an automatic and, get this, it's a station. Sure, take your time. I'll wait while you finish laughing...... Anyway, as if that weren't bad enough, a warning light came on the day after we bought it. Did I mention we bought it as-is which means no garantuee? Not even to the door. To my surprise however the cardealer was prepared to fix it without charging us anything.
So yesterday I got the car back again which was just in time to pick up our new almost-giant-size-which-could-never-fit-into-the-mazda-anyway tv. And here's the good part, the trunk wouldn't open so I spend a good 20 minutes in the pouring rain trying to get it open. That was fun ;-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

bwahahahahaa.... sorry can't stop laughing!! hihihihi

ahum (sound of clearing throat..)
Just love your car Pim! (do you hear the sound of my Pinochio nose touching my screen?) hihi

Michiel Scheen said...

Eeeuuw! Shouldn't you have bought an American car, then? That's maybe the quickest way to 'inburgering', right?

Michiel

Pim said...

Well, to be honest, American cars drive like a pile of dung :-) I think I'll hang on to my cultural identity a little bit longer. I've already picked up the habit of returning the "How are you question?" without waiting for an answer so that should go a long way towards inburgering, right?

Pim

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm pretty fly for a white guy.


whaaahaaaahaaaa